I’ve already shared this outfit in my post on Trendsylvania last Friday, but I wanted to share it on the blog as well (didn’t get to it on Friday, and also this week has been pretty busy so I just have time to post it here now).
The outfit consists of five wardrobe essentials for winter, pieces that every girl – actually, also every boy when I think about it – so everyone should have in their closet. It’s not the goal for everybody to look the same (obviously), but it will sure pay off to invest in these items. You will be wearing them often over a long period of time, and they can be combined easily, with each other and also any other pieces in your wardrobe.
- A classic wool coat. This item should not be missing from your winter wardrobe, as it is a piece that’s so versatile you can wear it with basically anything, for any occasion from cosy to fancy. My coat is from Drykorn, I bought is this spring.
- A turtleneck jumper. Keeps your neck warm, looks cool or – if you pick a thinner model made of cashmere – sophisticated, never goes out of style…a real keeper in my book! The grey one I’m wearing is from Zara, I bought it last year.
- A white shirt. I think it goes without saying that this is a staple piece you can use for so many occasions! Whether you combine a slightly oversized shirt with boyfriend jeans and sneakers, opt for a classic version to complete your business attire, or – as in my case – you wear it underneath your knit jumper and let the collar and sleeves show, a white shirt is not only a winter wardrobe basic, but works all year long. The one in the pics I’m wearing is from Boss.
- Black skinny pants. I’m wearing a velvet option by Cheap Monday in the pics, but also a classic denim version is a must in your closet. A sexy alternative: skinny black leather pants.
- Ankle boots. I would recommend you get a pair without any heel or with a very low one, so you can wear them on an everyday basis (because comfort comes first, at least for me). A classic boot in black is probably the one you will wear most often, but also a beige velvet version like these Jensen boots from Acne is super versatile! You’ll just have to keep your shoe cleaning an maintenance game up with those 😉 The pointed ones I’m wearing are from Kennel & Schmenger and I think they’re absolutely stunning! If you have a wardrobe consisting of mainly light or muted colours (white, beige, grey, dark blue and green, black) like I do, a leopard print might go well with a lot of your pieces and spice up a simple outfit.
After snapping the pics, we went to see the new Star Wars movie and I just loved it!!! Have you guys seen it already? And if so, did you like it?